Wikipedia has been a popular web-based encyclopedia for ten years. You may notice that while searching for any critical information on the web, Wikipedia is at the top results as it has the best and most relevant information on any topic that was stored on the Wikipedia database. It manages more than 16 million articles with various issues in different niches. Anyone can write and edit the content on Wikipedia; after submitting the article, Wikipedia will review whether your content is legitimate and checks whether it is not about a form of advertisement.
Importance of Wikipedia
Wikipedia can boost search engine rankings as it was listed as the top popular website by a reputed web information firm. The Wikipedia page about yourself is an added advantage for your resume also. Wikipedia has over one million active users and volunteers across over 270 languages. Wikipedia can help your company become well-established and cannot be used for advertising purposes. There must not be any selling-related points in the company y associated pages on Wikipedia.
Many people like to search for something on Wikipedia to know the correct information about the company or product and its history; Wikipedia has gained the great trust of people across the globe. This trustfulness is very important for businesses and people to achieve by having a Wikipedia page well written about you and your company by following the guidelines of the Wikipedia platform.
Wikipedia is just fact-based information that extensively engages the audience. It is a third-party website with more valuable information. It allows the users to create a page and link to their other professional and personal blogs or sites. It is the best way to manage your reputation across the web.
Managing a personal Wikipedia page
Get started creating the Wikipedia page by logging into the Wikipedia account. Once you start writing, go to the article wizard, Wik; Wikipedia will review the information, process your essay, and publish it as its page. You can edit the page you have written before submitting the report. You must pay for your paper to post on Wikipedia, which can be managed with your Wikipedia account.
Managing a brand’s Wikipedia page
Wikipedia is a crowded open encyclopedia that cannot be controlled by the company or brands with pages, but volunteers and editors handle it at the Wikipedia site. It is not all a marketing tool on the web as it holds only pages that are trustful, legitimate, and relevant to the category on the platform. The brands can link up the Wikipedia page to their social networks and utilize the Wikipedia page link to let them know about your company and the history of the company to build a strong relationship between you and your audience in the best way you can.
Do’s of creating a Wikipedia page
• Know about the different rules and regulations of the Wikipedia
• Set up a Wikipedia account to edit the entries
• Build credibility with Wikipedia and with the editors of Wikipedia
• Do monitor your articles and check your edits
• Create the best user page
• Learn the conflicts and beware
• Do not fail to include the citations
• Don’t keep double quotes, as they may turn into outbound links later
• Don’t ignore the style guide of Wikipedia
• Don’t involve in the editing wars
• Don’t ignore the talk page comments
Steps to Create a Wikipedia Page
• Perform research on your company, as Wikipedia only accepts reliable and accurate content. So cite the sources across the web and prepare an excellent presentation about your company.
• There is also a paid service by Wikipedia, called citation service, that offers online print articles, books, video, audio recordings, and pages.
• Develop an outline of your page before the creation of the Wikipedia page, and start your page by providing general information about your company.
• Signup for a Wikipedia account to create your account on Wikipedia.
• Know the rules and regulations after the creation of the Wikipedia page. If you have already prepared your content in a Word document for publishing, then get ready to copy and paste the same to Wikipedia using the sandbox tool.
• The sandbox tool on Wikipedia allows the users to test the editing tools. After completion, your article must be submitted for a review which can take a week or two for approval.
Though you have several other web pages on different platforms, Wikipedia is the best way to maintain your reputation and build trust and the identity of your brand or business across the web. So, never neglect to have a good Wikipedia page for your online presence to grow.